as of May 31, 2012
Core privacy values
We believe in protecting the information of our users and clients.
We believe that any data that we collect through our tags on third party sites should only be used for the direct benefit of our users. We won’t sell or share data or use it for re-targeting or behavioral profiling (because that feels to us like stealing).
We hate spam, so we won’t spam our users or cause them to be spammed.
Quick overview of privacy practices around our incentive platform
1) We provide pixels and tags to authors and publishers that track and collect non-personally identifiable data around specific pieces of content on publisher and third party sites, as well as verify and audit authorship with search engines. We use this data to provide feedback to the authors and publishers and to act as a trusted intermediary to facilitate incentives. We hope our approach will create value for both parties. leading to better exposure and distribution for high-quality content.
2) Our pixels are used in a limited manner and are generally deployed on just a single piece of content.
3) We do not share data we collect with any third party that is not explicitly given access to the data by the content owners through the permissions on our platform. (For example Authors, Publishers, and occasionally Editors and Agencies.)
This Privacy Statement describes how Movable Media collects and uses the information you provide on our Web sites, found at movablemedia.com and analytics.mvb.me, both actively and passively, as well as data collected by Movable Media tags that appear on third party websites.
This privacy statement also describes the choices available to users regarding the use of your personally identifying information and the steps you can take to access this information and to request that we correct or delete it.
Collection and use of personal information
Your personal data is used for purposes that you expect it to be used for, such as maintaining your account or providing services you requested. This includes providing you personalized content, features to enable you to interact with others, securing your data, and communicating about, improving, or troubleshooting the products or services being provided.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Accounts and password information from social networks
- Billing Information (for paying clients) such as credit card number, and billing address
- Articles you have written and sites you have written for.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can unsubscribe here.
We provide our clients and authors with individual tags (MovableMedia Analytics) they can place on their own and third party sites.
These tags are designed to be deployed in a limited manner, to track the audience of a single piece of content. Our tags gather anonymous information about visitors to the content, including IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating systems. The data is stored privately on our servers.
Use of Data:
We use this information to:
- Track impressions, visitors and other key metrics
- Verfiy authorship with search engines
- Implement incentives and rules for authors based on traffic and other metrics
- Eliminate fraudulent or manufactured impressions
- Provide performance reports to partners and clients
We do not share data collected through our tags with any third party that is not explicitly given access to the data by the content owner.
Collection/Use of data on our sites
Our web pages and our third party tags contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site and third party sites are used. Web beacons may also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Use of Data
Data collected on our site is used to maintain user accounts and to provide services to users of the system. We use a third party to gather anonymous information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Data Ownership and Retention
Data collected by us on our site and on our third party tags is owned by MovableMedia and is retained for a commercially reasonable period of time to enable us to deliver our services, act as a trusted intermediary between authors and publishers, and meet all of our legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure to third parties.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as billing, sending a newsletter, or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Movable Media is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
You can review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate through our interface.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
43 Indian Field Rd.
Greenwich CT 06830